Shayla focuses her practice on divorce and custody cases, including handling child support issues and parenting plan modifications. She has a special interest in complex cases involving domestic violence, LGBT issues, and cases involving adoption and assisted reproduction. She also handles cases involving unmarried couples.
Shayla understands the importance of the bigger picture and works with her clients to understand their individual situations along with their desired results. Using this information, she develops a meticulous strategy and begins the work necessary to meet those goals. She understands how trying this period can be, and makes it a personal and professional mission to mitigate those worries and achieve an outcome that allows her clients to move forward in a positive way.
Shayla began her legal career in Washington State after returning home from Seton Hall, dedicating herself to family law. She is a fluent French-speaker and lover of literature who enjoys nothing more than a good book and a cup of tea.
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Bar (2016)
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2014
- B.A., Washington State University, 2011
Professional and Community Activities
- Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Family Law, and Young Lawyers Division
- King County Bar Association, and Young Lawyers Division