"Our clients recognize our dedication on their behalf. They know skillful representation when they see it and that's what brings them back."
Kent R. Goodrich
Direct - (425) 374-0000
Since launching his legal career in 2004, Kent has worked exclusively in the area of family law and civil litigation. With a deep understanding of both the interpersonal issues and the complex case law surrounding dissolution, Kent guides his clients through the often murky waters of divorce and family law issues. In addition to complex marital dissolution cases, Kent assists his clients with property and business valuation, property division, spousal maintenance, child support matters, parenting plans and pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
Kent knows that no two situations are exactly the same and he works with each client to develop a clear understanding of that person’s objectives and needs. He is a skilled negotiator and litigator, with a depth of experience in legal research and written and oral arguments.
Prior to joining Brewe Layman in 2011, Kent worked with a boutique family law firm in Seattle for almost five years. When not practicing law, Kent is a soccer fan and a season ticket holder for the Seattle Sounders. He is also a runner and cyclist and enjoys cooking.
Representative Matters & Engagements
- In a dissolution case, helped obtain an award of spousal maintenance to the wife for a term of 20 years after a 20 year marriage.
- In a parenting case, helped the father enforce the provisions of the parenting plan so he continued to have regular parenting time with his child.
- In a child support case, negotiated a fair apportionment of post-secondary support, so the parties’ child could attend college.
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Bar (2004)
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, cum laude, 2003
- B.A., Western Washington University, 1989
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Snohomish, Skagit and King County and WA State Bar Associations
- Participant, Associate Training Program with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2008
Editor, Parenting Plan chapter for the Washington Family Law Desk Book, 2012